[Orgmode] Footnotes: paragraph definition, section name

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: [Orgmode] Footnotes: paragraph definition, section name
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:57:37 +0200

Hi,

I am using org-mode version 7.01g and I have just come across some problems
with footnotes.

(1) I have a paragraph that after applying fill-paragraph (M-Q) contains these
lines:

automated tests that work across a range of very different operating
systems and hardware acquire a different level of quality
[fn:Turku2008Vinci]. This approach also reflects the current IT
infrastructure at our institute [...]

The problem here is that [fn:Turku2008Vinci] is supposed to be a named footnote
reference, however, Org-mode interprets it as a footnote definition (it starts
in column 0 after a newline). The current documentation says:

"[...] footnote is defined in a paragraph that is started by a footnote marker
in square brackets in column 0, no indentation allowed."

So it depends on the definition of "paragraph" - this might be different for
different approaches of "Line Wrapping" - whether line breaks use newline
characters or "soft" returns. This problem might be solved if a footnote
defintion would require one empty line before the definition?

(2) If I set org-footnote-section to "References" and have a "References"
heading, in HTML export that heading vanishes and I get a "Footnotes:" section
instead. How can I have "References" instead of "Footnotes:"?

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
 Stefan
--