[Orgmode] Re: org-protocol

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:57:41 +0200

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm trying to get FF working with org again -
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php
>>
>> It says
>>
>> ,----
>> |    1. Type "about:config" into the location bar and press enter.
>> |    2. Click "I'll be careful, I promise!" to continue.
>> |    3. Right-click on the grid
>> |    4. Choose "New" -> "String" from the context menu.
>> |    5. Enter "network.protocol-handler.app.org-protocol" as the properties
>> name.
>> |    6. Click "OK".
>> |    7. Leave the value blank.
>> |    8. Next time you try to open a location "org-protocol://..." FF will
>> ask you for the program to use. Enter the path to emacsclient.
>> `----
>>
>> It doesnt prompt me for a program. Is this uptodate or is there a better
>> step by step guide?
>>

> Despite having 3.5, the instructions for getting the app registered
> didnt work for some reason (iceweasel?). Anyway, the gconftool method
> worked.
You can use firefox-protocol.el from
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/emacs-bookmark-extension/

M-x firefox-protocol-installer-install

Don't know if it work with iceweasel, but i have set many protocols here
in firefox without any failures.

You will find a documentation file bookmark-extensions-documentation.rst.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: