[Orgmode] sharing Org-mode files for collaboration

From: Carles
Subject: [Orgmode] sharing Org-mode files for collaboration
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:32:06 +0200

Hello,

There have been some threads here about sharing and collaboratively
editing Org-mode files. I have a LAN with a central server and Samba
shares, all clients have Emacs and Org-mode installed.

Sharing of calendars and tasks could be done through Org agenda. Right
now I am implementing a very simple setup:

- a shared folder with one org file per user

- each user has writing permissions for his own file and reading
  permissions for all other org files

- org-agenda-files of each user includes the names of the shared files
  of the other users

Do you see any problems arising from this setup. Any other suggestions
how it could be improved or extended?