[Orgmode] Re: Tags not lining up in org-indent-mode

From: Marcus Klemm
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Tags not lining up in org-indent-mode
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:56:48 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
> well, this does stop tabs from being used, but it does
> not stop  the mis-alignment of tags on different outline
> levels.

Any news on that?

Although I have no idea how org-mode works internally,
I simply tried replacing line 12773 of org.el:

(- (- org-tags-column) (length tags))))

with:

(- (- (- org-tags-column) (length tags)) (* org-indent-indention-per-level
level))))

Emacs just says: 'Symbol's value as variable is void: level'.
I suspected something like that because 'level' and
'org-indent-indention-per-level' are from org-indent.el.
Last time I did anything with Lisp was ten years ago. How
can I use those variables in org.el?