Re: [Orgmode] Captions for source code

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Captions for source code
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:20:58 -0700

Hi Robert,

Currently captions are only supported for Tables and for Links, not for
code blocks.  Although the "caption" attribute is used by code blocks it
is only used to hold the code block name, not as an actual caption.

Adding real captions to code blocks (and moving the code block name to
it's own property) certainly seems like a good idea for future
development.  If anyone is interested the
`org-export-attach-captions-and-attributes' function is probably a good
place to start.  I've added this to my personal stack, but we'll see if
that ends up meaning anything.

Best -- Eric