Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode release 7.01

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode release 7.01
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:38:46 -0500

I assumed I had to switch to the maint branch in order to get the 7.01
release.  How could I have done this while staying on the master branch?

Basically, as long as you're on master, you'll always have the latest and greatest, which may or may not be what you want.

At certain times, including in the past few days, 'master' is deemed release-worthy, and a stable release is produced. However, development goes on in the master branch.

The maint branch was created so that small bugs in the latest release could be fixed and updated, without having to include whatever major developments might have happened on master in the mean time.