Re: [Orgmode] word wrap preferences in org-mode buffers

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] word wrap preferences in org-mode buffers
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:18:42 +0100

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:37:54 -0500, Erik Iverson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I use org-mode more and more for actually writing things, I'm
> wondering what your favorite Emacs word/line-wrapping mode is.
>
> Basically, I see two main ways of doing this, auto-fill-mode and
> visual-line-mode.  Any others that you all use?  If you use
> auto-fill-mode or visual-line-mode, are there any obvious drawbacks,
> particularly regarding org-tables and source code blocks.
>
> I'm sure I'll run into the main issues eventually, but thought I'd ask
> up front.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik

I use auto-fill-mode most of the time.  However, if I'm mixing code
and text, I tend to turn it off.  In that case, it's an easy matter of
hitting M-q (fill-paragraph) every now and again to re-format the
current paragraph.  I often do this without even realising... (just
did it now, in fact :-).

Visual line mode is okay but, as a very long time emacs user, I find
it conflicts with my believes as to what lines are etc.
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D