[Orgmode] installing updating Org on other platform

From: Adam
Subject: [Orgmode] installing updating Org on other platform
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:32:50 +1200

If anyone is using Org-mode with Gnu Emacs on Win XP, then I would be grateful
for their comments.

Have just updated to Org version 6.36c.    While Org appears to work normally,
and version 6.36c is reported evaluating  org-version     And the recent
Footnotes sorting feature works. But I fear the update or installation is
somehow not proper.

My only suspicions for this are;  that publishing to HTML seems problematic,
and that there are no  .elc  files appearing where the org.el files are
located.

To install, I downloaded the 6.36c zip, and copied all and only the
/lisp/*.el  files into the folder ~/Emacs/Lisp/org.

I notice that in  .emacs  the entry
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/emacs/lisp/org")

or as I first had it,
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/emacs/org-6.36c")

neither have any effect.   It seems Emacs will find Org in ~/emacs/lisp/org no
matter what.  Only  (require 'org)  is present in my  .emacs  and then
some Org settings.

Any comments appreciated.