[Orgmode] Re Audible reminder in org-mode not working

From: evita moreno
Subject: [Orgmode] Re Audible reminder in org-mode not working
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:15:25 +0000

Dear all,

I have a question which may look like it is already answered but the solutions provided in previous threads don't really work for me. FYI, I am using a Linux Mint Isadora distribution and I tried to run org-mode both in a console-session of emacs (emacs -nw) and in an emacs GUI. I have tried to set an audible reminder for my appointments using:

(setq appt-audible t)

For some reason, this does not seem to work (the visible reminder works just fine). I am sure it does not have to do with volume as it works fine with other apps. BTW, the code I am using is collected from various threads and given that I know next to nothing in LISP, I can safely assume that this is probably the reason the whole audible reminder thing is not working....

I was wondering whether anyone out there could provide a bit of code to set audible reminders in org-mode (preferably working in a console too). I am teaching young people to use emacs and org-mode to do their research and running emacs in a console is probably the best thing to do to to stop them from getting distracted from menus, toolbars and other things!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my (rather) lengthy message.

-Evita