[Orgmode] Re: LaTeX calendar from org-mode agenda?

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX calendar from org-mode agenda?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:04:31 +0200

"Alan E. Davis" <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems possible that at least one of the LaTeX / org gurus on this
> list has used LaTeX monthly calendars.  I have had some problems with
> LaTeX calendars, but they look really nice, and it would seem not
> unlikely to use that format as an output from Org-agenda.

Well, I haven't used it in a while, but there is code[1] in the contrib
section that generates hipster pda style calendars[2] for you.
Admittedly it just uses the cal-tex-* infrastructure, so if you have
problems with that, I guess this is of little help.

> I found LaTeX monthly calendars pretty ridiculous when they are
> bloated with dozens of repeated tasks from the diary file.  A well
> sorted list of events would seem to me to suite this nice-looking hard
> copy calendar nicely.

Maybe you should define what your requirements are, i.e. how exactly you
want your calendar to look. Then as a next step you might want to try to
get a mock-up using tikz (and its calendar library)[3]. Once you have
that I'd be happy to hack up some lisp that generates the tikz latex
from say an Org Mode Agenda view or from a diary file.

> The ability to print out a nice, concise hardcopy checklist from
> org-agenda would make a world of difference.

OK, this seems like another requirement unrelated to the calendar above.
You know that you can export an agenda view to PDF, html or text[4].
If that is not enough, again, create a mock-up using tikz to make it
really nice looking. I will then help you to write the lisp to generate
the needed latex. I've long wanted some nice looking export of the
agenda. Your input might just give me enough impetus to hack something
up.

Thanks
Christian

Footnotes: