[Orgmode] [babel] key binding requests

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] key binding requests
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:22:27 -0400

Hello!

I'm loving the level of polish and sophistication that have been
achieved with org-babel.  My entire PhD thesis is currently written in
org and org-babel, and it's the best authoring system I've ever used.

That said, I have a couple of features that I regularly find myself
missing.  I wonder whether other folks might also find them useful.

First, in terms of navigation, I would love to have keybindings under
the C-c C-v prefix that would navigate to the next and previous babel
blocks.  org-babel-goto-named-source-block[fn:1] is great, but a) not all my
blocks are named, and b) I don't always remember the name of the block
I'm looking for.  On that note...

Currently, org-babel-goto-named-source-block doesn't currently offer any
completion facilities in my setup.  Is there a way to hook it into the
rest of org's completion mechanisms so that I can hit tab to complete
the names of my source blocks?

Finally, to go along with facilities to navigate from source block to
source block, I'd also make regular use of something like
org-execute-src-block-and-step, which would execute the current block
and then jump to the next (or previous) one.

Thanks again for these excellent tools,
/au

Footnotes:

[fn:1] This is the only function that uses "source" instead of "src" in
its name.  Should this be changed for consistency?

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net