Re: [Orgmode] CSS and Publishing to HTML Tutorial

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] CSS and Publishing to HTML Tutorial
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 22:04:12 +0200

Adam <address@hidden> writes:
> Thanks for reply, guidance and suggestions.
> I agree my cgi has nothing to do with INFOJS_OPT, nor vice versa.
>
> Regarding CSS, I have gone back to the default position, of including
> these inside "org-notes" of org-publish-project-alist, and not referring
> to an external CSS,
>
>   :style-include-default   t
>   :style-include-scripts  nil
> (after Robert's comments).
>
> So I am hoping to use the default style output, and then adjust the style
> in the org file header using  #+STYLE:  < ... >
>
> In the org file, I have used  org-insert-export-options-template   and have
> deleted the line #+INFO-JS_OPT: ...
>
> I publish as per the tutorial, then open the HTML result in MS Internet
> Explorer, which reports in a yellow warning band across the top words to the
> effect of   "To help protect your security, IE has restricted ... Click here
> for options".
>
> If I then edit that HTML file, and remove the 2nd of the two <style> ...
> warning to be issued. The form also appears to retain its default style, of
> red color for the TODO etc.
>
> This 2nd style block appears immediately before the <body> content
> of the document.  At the very end of the Head, just before </head>.
> It begins with,
> <script type="text/javascript">
>   function CodeHighlightOn(elim, id)   etc
>
> Looking at  org-exp.el  around line 554,  it almost seems as if javascript
> is part of the default style.
>

> I'm sorry to be making such heavy weather of this. I'm after a vanilla
> HTML form, which doesn't trigger warnings, which I can tweek some
> few style aspects of, heading size, heading color, text size, fonts,
> I hope by using #+STYLE:  < ... >

Hahaaa, yes, now I recall this issue when I tried IE the last time (some
month ago, luckily).  IE says JavaScript in the head section is
DANGEROUS.  God knows why it complains only if you a) visit a file located
on your own harddrive, and b) the script is not loaded from somewhere
else (which seems to be secure in the eyes of MS).

The error is gone, as soon as the page is loaded from the web, instead
from disk.  Orgmode.org's pages do not throw that warning.

I Don't know if there is a chance to persuade IE to drop this senseless
warning.

I guess no one at MS can tell you a good reason for that ;)
(Imagine, MS focusses on SECURITY in TV spots here, even :-D )

Don't worry.  Just use a serious and reasonable web browser for local
stuff (which might be closer to real security, btw).

Best wishes

  Sebastian