Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Bugin :session? Export html - works --- export pd

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Bugin :session? Export html - works --- export pdf not
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:21:45 +0200

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Rainer,

Hi Eric

I am aware of this problem, and although I don't know any a good
solution, I do have a good workaround (example attached [1]).

That workaround looks really good - thanks. Much better then putting :session at the beginning of each source block.

The problem is that org-latex removes all of the #+ lines from the
beginning of any Org-mode file which has headlines as part of the export
process.  This means that by the time it's Babel's turn to run code
blocks, the #+BABEL line has been removed, and the session is not set.
If there are no headlines, then this problem does not arise.

OK - that explains.

I sent in a patch last week, [2] but it's application would have broken
other features of the latex export, I've yet to work out a good solution
to this.

There is a decent work-around.  Whenever there are no headlines, then
the #+BABEL: line works fine on LaTeX export, when there are headlines,
then header arguments can be placed as properties in the headlines to
the same effect.

Would it be possible to issue a warning if a #+BABEL line is stripped by LaTeX? If I think back, this stripping cost me quite some time to figure out why things are working differently when exporting to LaTeX then html.

Cheers -- Eric

Cheers,

Rainer

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have the attached org file.
>
> It seems that when exporting to a pdf, the :session argument is ignored, as
> I get a
> Org-Babel Error Output buffer with:
> Error: object 'x' not found
> Execution halted
>
> and an Org-Babel Error buffer with the same text, and the resulting pdf does
> only show the code..
>
> HTML export, works as expected.
>
> If I put :session *R_test* behind #+begin_src (R2.org) it works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

Footnotes:
[1]