Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:00:14 +0200

On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Carsten,

the only way to understand this paragraph is historical.

I guessed it, thanks for making that clear.

In the early days of BEAMER export, Eric Fraga invented a way to make
columns using an additional level of outline structure, just for
making the columns.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19895/focus=19895

Interesting.

This worked, but made it difficult to export this file in any other
way, because of the extra structure.  This was overcome with the
BEAMER_col property, and this is what this paragraph and the phrase
"without additional structure" is referring to.

Ah, ok.  So now you don't need an extra outline structure for making a
*columns* environment, but you still need it for ending the last
*column* and starting a new one.

I've though I could go without the latter, too. That would be good for
documents you export as presentation but also as article handout.

I guess you could do it with something like

#+BEAMER: {}\begin{column}

#+BEAMER: {}\end{column}

Or, maybe you can talk org-special-blocks.el (contrib dir) into
helping you with this...

- Carsten