Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] feed.el

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Org-mode] feed.el
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:25:50 +0200

Mark Scala wrote:
>I created a file in ~/org called feeds.org and in that file did C-c C-x g.
>A headline for Slashdot Entries appeared.  But when I do C-c C-x g on that
>entry I get the following message:  "Symbol's value as variable is void:
>xml-entity-alist"

>Nowhere do I find any information about setting that variable.  Any ideas?
>(I'm using the latest development version of Org, compiled from git sources
>today).

The variable is defined in the XML library xml.el and the error
occurs, because this library wasn't loaded when Org parsed the feed.
The patch I've just send should fix this: xml.el is part of Emacs, so
the functions the use xml.el will load it if necessary (i.e. it wasn't
loaded before).

HTH
  -- David
--