Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:22:24 +0100

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:04:03 +0200, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 July 2010 17:08:48 Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> > Tassilo, I wrote a simple tutorial for beamer in org which you can
> > find on Worg (sorry: I'm offline so don't have the link at hand).
>
> I think, I have read that and didn't understand it completely.
>
> Oh, wait, you mean that
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.php
>
> right.  Oh, yeah, there's an example which does the trick. ;-)
>
> > If I understood your message correctly, the solution may be to specify
> > the type of column environment to use (and what to do with the heading
> > of the column).  Type "C-c C-b" and select one of the environments
> > suggested.  I typically choose one of "b" (block), "e" (example) or
> > "i" (ignore heading).
>
> Yeah, the ":BEAMER_env: ignoreheading" property does what I want.
> Thanks a lot for the pointer to your nice tutorial.

You're welcome and I'm glad you found what you needed.

> But my real question was concerning the point
>
>   Columns without additional outline structure
>
> in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php.  Especially the
> sentence "The column ends at the next entry with such a property." makes
> me head-shaking.  How can there be a next entry in that frame, if I
> don't add an additional outline structure?

I didn't write this but I think this means that if one column starts
at, say, a 2nd level heading (**), the end of content for that column
is the next heading at the same level, or the end of the frame (i.e. a
heading at a higher level (*)).
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D