Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:04:03 +0200

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 17:08:48 Eric S Fraga wrote:

Hi Eric,

> Tassilo, I wrote a simple tutorial for beamer in org which you can
> find on Worg (sorry: I'm offline so don't have the link at hand).

I think, I have read that and didn't understand it completely.

Oh, wait, you mean that

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.php

right.  Oh, yeah, there's an example which does the trick. ;-)

> If I understood your message correctly, the solution may be to specify
> the type of column environment to use (and what to do with the heading
> of the column).  Type "C-c C-b" and select one of the environments
> suggested.  I typically choose one of "b" (block), "e" (example) or
> "i" (ignore heading).

Yeah, the ":BEAMER_env: ignoreheading" property does what I want.
Thanks a lot for the pointer to your nice tutorial.

But my real question was concerning the point

  Columns without additional outline structure

in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php.  Especially the
sentence "The column ends at the next entry with such a property." makes
me head-shaking.  How can there be a next entry in that frame, if I
don't add an additional outline structure?

Bye,
Tassilo