Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] reload source code file after tangling?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] reload source code file after tangling?
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:17:55 +0200

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > is it possible to open (if not open yet) or re-load the new tangled
>     > source code after tangling?
>
>     Would global-auto-revert or auto-revert-mode do what you want?  I
>     personally use global-auto-revert mode so if any loaded file changes on
>     disk and my buffer contents are unmodified it gets replaced with what is
>     on the disk.
>
> Perfect - that is doing exactly what it should. Now I just have to
> remember to activate it for the buffer.

With global-auto-revert-mode there is nothing to remember :) since it is
active in /all/ buffers.  This works great for me.

That is definitely true - I am just a little bit (too?) vary about global-auto-revert-mode for files I am editing in. So they are only reverted, if the files on the drive have changed irrespective of the state of the buffer? Well - I should possibly try it.

Cheers,

Rainer

-Bernt

NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!