[Orgmode] Re: Getting a Google Maps' map for an entry

From: d . tchin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Getting a Google Maps' map for an entry
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:56:15 +0000 (UTC)

 <d.tchin> writes:

> Julien Danjou <julien <at> danjou.info> writes:
>

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've recently wrote a Google Maps extension for Emacs[1].
> >
> > Therefore, I've extended org-mode to display a Google Maps' map for an
> > event location. The extension, which is very simple, is available
> > here[2] and I wanted you to know about it.
> >
> > I'd be glad to have feedback. patches or ideas. ;)
> >
> > Happy hacking.
> >
> > [1]  http://julien.danjou.info/google-maps-el.html
> >
> > [2]  http://git.naquadah.org/?p=~jd/jd-el.git;a=blob;f=org-location-google-
> maps.el;hb=HEAD
> >

> Dear Julien
>
> I tried to use Google Maps extension. When I tried to load it, I found out
> that json.el was required. It seems that this package is included
in "recent"
> emacs version (?).  My version is GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
of
> 2008-09-06. I loaded it but then I have another error telling that the
function
> use-region-p doesn't exist. It seems that this function appears with emacs
23.
> So this mail just to tell that it seems necessary to have at emacs 23
> to make this function work.

Just one comment following previous mail.
Just tried with emacs 23.2. It works very well on this version and it is
really great.

The bad thing is that this version of emacs is quite slow on Windows system.
As far I understood it seems to be related to font handling. There is a lot of
lag, the system freeze.

So sadly I have to return to release 22.3.1 which is more robust.

d.tchin