[Orgmode] Re: Headline and numbered plain list

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Headline and numbered plain list
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:27:39 -0400

Juri Artamonov <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you David, for your reply.
>
> The only reason I need this is just I can specify TAG(s) for headline
> and can't do this for any other record. Therefore, I need to have
> information about number of items, checked number and get items by
> TAG.
>
> Is there any other way to achieve this?

Hi Juri,

I think you should promote your list entries with checkboxes to full
headlines that support tags.  You can switch back and forth between
lists and headlines by selecting the text and using C-c * on the region.

I would suggest you change from

,----
`----

,----
| * Top level headline [/] [%]                    :sometags:
| ** TODO Text for first item
| ** TODO Text for second item
`----

that way when you mark the TODO items DONE (equivalent to checking the
checkboxes) the cookies [/] and [%] update with the number of complete
and total items for the subheadings.

HTH,
Bernt