[Orgmode] Org Mode Latex Export Customization of org-export-latex-emphas

From: Gaurav Sharma
Subject: [Orgmode] Org Mode Latex Export Customization of org-export-latex-emphasis-alist
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:04:31 -0400

Hello!

I am a relative newbie to Org even though Emacs has been my editor of
choice for a long time. I'm trying to customize the
org-export-latex-emphasis-alist by using the following in my .emacs

(setq org-export-latex-emphasis-alist (quote (("*" "\\textbf{%s}" nil)
("/" "\\emph{%s}" nil) ("_" "\\alert{%s}" nil) ("+" "\\st{%s}" nil)
("=" "\\verb" t) ("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil) ("!" "\\note{%s}" nil) ("~"
"\\verb" t))))

Several of the above re-definitions seem to take effect. In fact, in
the above "_" is redefined to be the same as "@" for testing that the
re-definition is indeed effective and I have verified that it is.
However, the definitions of "@" and "!" do not seem to take effect at
all. I see the same behavior when I customize this variable through
the Org->customize interface. I've tried a lot of things and am at my
wits end in terms of figuring out this weird behavior.

I would very much appreciate if someone could shed more light on this.
My initial thought was whether there could be a dependency on latex
packages that make alternate use of these special symbols. However,
that should come into play only in the latex file and upon seeing the
latex file I see that indeed the definitions of "@" and "!" seem
ineffective. In case it matters, I am working with a org file intended
for use with beamer that is included below.

Suggestions for a fix would be very helpful.

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-- Gaurav

____Test Org File ___

#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1

#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args)
%4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
#+PROPERTY: BEAMER_col_ALL 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 :ETC

* Test  :export:

** Test of Underline and Alert functionality
*** _test_
** _Test of Underscore_
** +Test of Plus+
** @Alert Test@