Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:43:32 +0200

On Jun 29, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Stephen Eglen wrote:

THe doc string now reads:

"Use `org-icompleting-read' to prompt for an Org buffer to switch to.
With a prefix argument, restrict available to files.
With two prefix arguments, restrict available buffers to agenda files.

This will either use ido or iswitchb for buffer name completion,
depending on the variables `org-completion-use-iswitchb' and
`org-completion-use-ido'. If both are nil, we will still use iswitchb
for this special application."

Hmmm... this sounds a bit confusing!  why not just have
org-completion-use-ido, and if that is non-nil, we use ido, else we use iswitchb. Unless these variables are also used in other contexts (which
I doubt)?

Oh yes, the are used in *many* contexts.  Whenever Org offers
completion which would not be made worse by using one of these packages,
it will offer that special kind of completion.

how about changing the 2nd para to:

 This will use iswitchb for buffer name completion, unless
 `org-completion-use-ido' is non-nil, to select ido completion

Yes, this is much better.

Thanks

- Carsten

Stephen