Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:03:15 -0700

Hi Rainer,

I'm happy this was useful

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden>wrote:

[...]
>> > *** Start babel
>> > #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> >   (org-babel-load-library-of-babel)
>> > #+end_src
>>
>> the above becomes
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>  (org-babel-lob-ingest "~/path/to/org/contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org")
>> #+end_src
>>

> I don't seem to need this line anymore -  it is working without. Also, I
> don't remember why I put it in...

The `org-babel-lob-ingest' function is used to load the source-code
blocks defined in an Org-mode file into the global
`org-babel-library-of-babel' variable.  The functions defined in this
variable can be called from any Org-mode file.  This makes it possible
to build a set of often-used generally applicable source-code blocks.

The idea behind the library-of-babel.org file distributed with Org-mode
is to share such functions throughout the entire Org-mode community.

Best -- Eric