Re: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:16:23 -0700

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
>>
>>> One way to deal with this without adding even more complexity to the core
>>> of org-mode could be through the use of "Library of Babel" functions.
>>>
>>> The attached org-mode file provides a function for exporting to the
>>> longtable environment with some example usage. If this looks generally
>>> useful it (and maybe similar functions) could be added to the library of
>>> babel distributed w/Org-mode.
>>>
>>> What do you think? -- Eric
>>
>> This looks like a great solution to me.
>
> It does look great to me as well. Just a request on the wish-list: could the
> table environment be made a parameter (so that we can choose between tabular,
> tabular*, etc.)?

Sure, my thinking was that it may be more natural to use the environment
type as the function name (allowing more concise function calls).  Also,
that way if there are some arguments that only make sense for particular
environment (I'm not sure that there are) then it would be easy to
customize the functions on a per-environment bases.  But if these
environments are all pretty similar
- tabular*
- booktabs
- longtable
- tablex
- array
then I guess one single function is the way to go.

I'll add this to the library-of-babel.org in
contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org and please feel free to play around
with the function definition.  This file lives in the contrib directory
to encourage user participation -- in fact maybe the
library-of-babel.org (or a copy) should move to Worg.

Thanks -- Eric