[Orgmode] Re: magit, revert, folding, normal-mode, performance

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: magit, revert, folding, normal-mode, performance
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 02:01:54 +0200

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> Worth knowing that magit reverts buffers.  It appears to
> revert all buffers, not just those with changes.

Magit reverts all saved buffers on the current working copy after
committing.

> This has 2 consequences for org.  Magit is slow, and org visibility is
> reset to default.

I'm the author of the patch that introduced that behavior on magit. The
purpose is to update the VC modeline text that indicates when a file is
edited (Git-branch_name for pristine files, Git:branch_name for edited
files.) It's true thas sometimes reverting can be slow and produce side
effects.

> So I wonder:
>
> Is there a way to preserve visibilty across revert-buffer?

I'll look at the docstring of `revert-buffer' and, specifically, to
`revert-buffer-function'. But don't bother, I have a patch for updating
the VC modeline without reverting the buffer and will submit it to the
magit mailing list right now.