[Orgmode] Re: Possible bug in ordered tasks

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Possible bug in ordered tasks
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 07:55:20 +0200

On Jun 25, 2010, at 8:55 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

On Jun 25, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:

Question:  what is the proper way to get a NIL into a property?  Are
we
to use () instead of "nil"? Or are property values always interpreted
as strings?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question!

Not a stupid question at all.

There is no way, currently.   Property values are string - the only
way to make
org-entry-get return nil is to not have the property defined at all.

I've wanted a similar thing in the past for the LOGGING property where
the parent task has special logging set via the LOGGING property but I
want to undo that for some of the child tasks so they use the default
logging setup.

Having a way to undefine a property would be good in general I think.

This does now work, the property value "nil" will now be interpreted as
explicit undefine of a property.

- Carsten