Re: [Orgmode] contributing Debian build scripts

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] contributing Debian build scripts
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:26:31 +0200

Hi Mark,

forst of all, thanks a lot for creating this package and
maintaining it for quite a while.

On Jun 21, 2010, at 7:50 PM, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

After maintaining a ppa for org-mode for some time, I'd like to
contribute the build so that the community can help keep them up to
date.

More up-to-date than I've been able to do, surely :)

Should I just submit patches to the list? (I have papers on file with
the FSF if that makes any difference.)

Can you please first elaborate what it would mean if we were to take over the production of this package? Where would we have to submit it or put it up on the web so that it would be found as an official package? How does all of this work?

Thanks!

- Carsten