[Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:23:40 +0200

Hi Erik,

Erik Butz wrote:
> I found a very old thread on the list about using the booktabs package to
> have nicer tables in latex export.
>
> I found that, making the changes below I can use the booktab package to
> export tables, and using standard tables only, this seems to work fine.
>
> Can anyone advice on whether this kind of change is meaningful or if this is
> likely to introduce difficulties elsewhere which I did not experience due to
> the limited scope of usage? It should be said that I did not at all look
> into longtables so far.

While trying to improve this, I think one could extend it so that the table
environment can be changed as well, from `tabular' to `array', `tabular*',
`tabularx' or any other.

There was a discussion on this, a while ago, by Francesco Pizzolante. Have a
read at: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg18311.html.

Best regards,
  Seb

--