[Orgmode] function to change TODO status and refile to a predetermined l

From: Matt Price
Subject: [Orgmode] function to change TODO status and refile to a predetermined location
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:01:53 -0400

hi,

i have a file "Collect.org" in which i collect items that need
processing.  Every morning I go through the file, decide what needs to
be done with each item, and refile it.  The outcomes are pretty
stereotyped, so for instance, if it's a project idea, I tag it with
:project:, give it the status TODO, and refile it in Projets.org; if
it's a simple task, I also give it the status TODO, but refile it in
gtd.org; and if it's a reminder about something I'm waiting on from
someone else, I give it the status WAITING, and also refile it in
gtd.org.

I'd like to write a function that automates these tasks for me.  The
idea is to have a keybinding (though my key map seems really full!)
that works a little bit like the rmemember template keybinding -- one
function, but with options that infoke slightly different outcomes.
so, say,
C-c f p = refile as a project
C-c f a = refile as an action
C-c f w = refile as 'waiting'

My elisp is *terrible* though and I was hoping for some help.  I can
see that for each option I want to perform:

(org-todo "STATE")
and then something like
(org-refile)
-- except that I want to pre-specify a refiling location.  Is this
something I can do? I figure it must be possible since org-remember
does it, but my quick reading of that code didn't help me much.

also, it seems to me I need something like an array, in which the
final character in the keybinding determines values for the TODO
state, the refiling location, and in some cases a tag (i'm not sure
what function to call to add a tag to a heading -- it looks like
org-set-tags doesn't take any arguments, so I guess that won't
work...).  Can someone give me some pasic advice on building a
function like that?

I appreciate all the help!  Thanks so much,

Matt