[Orgmode] mobileorg new user report

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Orgmode] mobileorg new user report
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:27:02 -0400

I just started using Org mode and MobileOrg and have a few comments.
First, thanks to everyone who's written/etc. org - it's nice to step
into already-baked software.

* Mobileorg

** removed files

I had a foo.org that I pushed with others, and then deleted, and it
didn't go away from my phone.  Even when I rm'd from webdav it didn't go
away.  I may have done this wrong, but it would be nice if this were
easier.

** last update
It would be nice if the home screen showed the time of last sync.

** mobileorg.org location (I use ~/ORG instead of ~/org)
This should probably be:
  (setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull (concat org-directory "/from-mobile.org"))
instead of
  "~/org/from-mobile.org"

I realize org-directory is only for remember right now, but it seems
like it should be more of a global concept.

** multiple accounts

I try to keep work and personal things separate, so I expect to have two
parallel org setups, one on a work machine and one on a personal
machine.  That works fine with org, but I'd like to use mobileorg with
both (on one phone).  Richard is graciously helping me out with a
workaround, but I wanted to throw out the concept of mobileorg and the
forthcoming android version having multiple accounts (like Mail does).

Or perhaps multiple orgs could push/pull to one directory, but then the
mobileorg.org journal has entries for both and it's probably too much of
a mess.  And I'd like to be able to let colleagues look at some work org
things without risking exposing personal org things.

* org proper

** refiling

I figured this out for refiling, and found it hard to follow list, cons
cell, etc. even though I like lisp.  Adding the following as an example
in the docmentation of org-refile-targets would help.  It could also be
the default - for me refiling is used to put phone- or remember-generate
entries where they belong, not to move things around in a file.

; refiling
(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files . (:maxlevel . 4))))