Re: [Orgmode] any idea how to convert org file to MS WORD an retain text

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] any idea how to convert org file to MS WORD an retain text structure?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:16:32 -0500

I routinely have to do this. My steps are:

 - Export org to html
 - Switch to the html export buffer (filename.html)
 - Delete the xml lines at the top until the first line is the <html> tag
 - Save the html
 - Open the html in Word

It opens fine, and preserves image links, tables, formats, etc. This
saves time. I know there was a recent ML post I made on the same
topic, and there was a reply on automation which I haven't tried yet.

Typically what's happening for me is I write a technical document in
Org, and I give it to a tech writer who uses Word to apply company
templates. They have less work to do because the Org formatting is
preserved.

Babel and image links are a boon here!

Thanks.