[Orgmode] Re: Beamer presentation in the document

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Beamer presentation in the document
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:36:05 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

>>> The following babel solution should work.
>>> It uses a code block to copy the contents of the table into the presentation
>>> on export.
>>
>> I played a bit with this example. Remarks follow.
>>
>> 1. On the echo functionality itself, everything is perfect, but for
>>    the horizontal lines that are not echo'ed.
>
> hlines are preservable with the :hlines header argument, see the example
> below [1].

OK. Thanks.

> Were working on integrating the babel documentation in the org-mode
> documentation which should really help in terms of making these more
> exotic header arguments accessible/discoverable to users.

Now that's we (/ I) can't live anymore without both of them, it'd clearly be
great having a unified documentation.

>> 2. For Babel, more generally, some remarks that I have for a while,
>>but always
>>    forget to report (as you're allowed to consider them as "details" ;-)):
>>
>>    - Babel does not find the tables if the `#+tblname: XXX' instruction is
>> not
>>      located at column 0 -- annoying for me, as I try to perfectly align all
>>      the text and source code based on `org-indent'-like functionality;
>
> Good catch, this has been fixed.

Simply great. It caused me some minutes to understand why tables were reported
as not found...

>>    - the `results' block is not "naturally" aligned either;
>
> Again, thanks for pointing this out.  This has been fixed for results
> which already have an indented
>
>   #+results:
>
> line

That's already great.

> for the first time a block is run the results will not be indented
> currently, although it would probably be worthwhile to default to indenting
> the results to the same level as the code block -- I'll add this as a TODO.

Less important, even if nice when it will be there.

>>    - less a detail than the 2 above: would it be possible to leave
>>    some text between the `call' and the `results': in this example, so
>>    that the `align' statement does not move after the table whenever
>>    we `C-c C-c' the block for executing the `echo'?
>
> See the example below [1], is it sufficient to squeeze the #+results
> line in between the #+attr_latex line and the table?  If not I'll update
> the results handling so that we allow preservation of comment lines
> between #+results and it's contents.

Why only preserving comment lines?  Why couldn't we imagine having the code
somewhere and the results much farther?  Even twice the results -- that'd be a
work around for the echo command.

>>> I think I'll add the "echo" code block in the below example to the library
>>> of babel, so in the future this should work w/o having to include the code
>>> block in the file.
>>
>> I think so as well. This is a must for enabling us to insert slides into a
>> document. And something nobody else (PowerPoint, even plain LaTeX?) can do
>> (AFAIK).
>
> done.

Thanks a lot. I'll update tomorrow morning and test all of this.

> Thanks for all the great feedback! -- Eric

*Thank you very much*. Reporting is quite easy. Making it happen much less.
Thanks a lot for your continuous help, and quick resolution of my problems.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban