[Orgmode] Could inline footnotes be made to work with latex commands tha

From: Scot Becker
Subject: [Orgmode] Could inline footnotes be made to work with latex commands that have arguments?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:13:51 +0100

If I put a LaTeX citation command inside one of org's inline footnotes, no problem, thus:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,\footnote{\cite{rowe_acts_2007} } consectetur adipisicing elit,

But if I need an optional argument, no dice.  This:

 ex ea commodo consequat.[fn:: \cite[56]{fitzmyer_one_2007}] Duis aute irure dolor

exports to LaTeX like this:

ex ea commodo consequat.[fn:: \cite[56]{fitzmyer_one_2007}] Duis aute irure dolor

(i.e. there is no \footnote{} macro created)

For consistency in my markup, I would rather use org's inline footnotes for citations like this (which sometimes number several inside a footnote).   If I can't, I'd just go ahead and use LaTeX \footnote{} macros right in my org files.

Is the present behaviour likely to be fixable?  Or should I just write my footnotes as LaTeX \footnotes{}?

Scot