[Orgmode] Re: Worldcup + time zone question

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Worldcup + time zone question
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:31:44 +0200

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Dirk,
>
> My understanding is that time zones aren't currently supported in org,
> or well supported in emacs in general. I've looked a few times at
> allowing data entry from another TZ to just be converted to localtime,
> and haven't had a good answer yet.
>
> Thanks.

I bet "calc" can do it ;)

Jokes aside, is it not just a case of adding a user function in a "local
time" column in an org mode table? Possibly a file property value for new
timezone delta? (Not using tables I assume they allow user functions in
cells). someone else published the function to "uptime".

Hmm, but rereading that I guess its a bit like saying building a
spaceship is just about tacking an engine onto a nose cone ... the
details I'll leave to you ;))