Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with pushing to webdav server [6.35g]

From: Dietmar Winkler
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with pushing to webdav server [6.35g]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:00:10 +0200

Den 03. juni 2010 14:50, skrev Carsten Dominik:
> The idea here is that you might be able to connect to the server in two
> different ways, webdav and scp.  Emacs can then use scp, so that you do
> not have to mount the server on your computer.  MobileOrg will then use
> webdav.

Ah I see!

> Note that there is a version of MobileOrg coming up with Dropbox
> support.  I have tested it already - it makes the entire world of pain
> with webdavs go away... :)

And what a pain it is, I've now trying for hours to get emcas call
tramp-gvfs but to no avail.

Unfortunately (well normally fortunately) I'm on Android and local
Storage is not a high priority item on the list of Matthew
(understandable given its early dev stage of that app).

Back to the FAQ, what exatly did you think I could provide ... since
WebDav seems to be a (unsolved) tramp-gvfs issue I wouldn't know what
helpful information I could write.

/Dietmar/