Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:04:17 -0500

Please solve this... I have to use Notes at work and would love integration with org.

Idea 1: Highly unlikely...
One potential idea, though I don't think it uses ToDos is the Lotus Notes command line utility. Are you aware of it? I haven't had good results on Linux but it did do some basic functionality for me at one point. The newest release hasn't worked for me yet.

Anyway, I wonder if there's a way to tap into this functionality for other aspects of Notes; the command output could be piped to something useful for org, though I guess you only want to go the other way?

Here it is: http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/NotesCliEmail

Idea 2: Far more likely
What about feeds? I've been playing around with the info here: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg22964.html

I've been able to publish a feed to a .atom file and subscribe to it from Notes. I can't quite get the description and TODO properties to register, yet, but you at least get the headlines. Can we work on creating a format that would work for this? I think it's a pretty cool idea and could allow for updating org files, publishing them to a site or file (though I couldn't get Notes to add a feed from the hard disk... probably just need the right prefix like file:/// or so) and have Notes update the feed every so often.

Thoughts?

John