Re: [Orgmode] New development organization - DRAFT, please comment

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New development organization - DRAFT, please comment
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:28:02 +0200

On Jun 1, 2010, at 4:37 PM, David Maus wrote:

Eric Schulte wrote:
Hi David,

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,
I just used this file to record a babel change, and I really like the overall idea and the layout. A couple of things that occurred to me.

- would it be desirable to have a headline property (e.g. ASSIGNEE or somesuch) so that users can take responsibility of issues, and search
for issues to which they've been assigned.

Sounds reasonable.

Great,

I will start using this if there are cases when I want to sign up for an
issue, but won't fix it immediately.

I've added a hint on this property in the issue file's head and
modified the functions I use to operate on the file so issues which
are assigned cannot be closed.

I think it would also be useful to have a TODO state ASSIGNED, like

#+TODO: TODO ASSIGNED | DONE CANCELED

- Carsten

Thanks David, indeed the function your posted does work, and I was able
to use it with the url you posted above to quickly access the gmane
thread of this email.

Your function below raises the idea that it may be nice to have a single
place to host a small collection of functions related to use of
org-issues.org. Maybe some form of the following simple functions could
be useful.

Well, I've started to polish the functions I use and will publish them
in a add-on or something.  These two go into this file.

Regards,

-- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6