Re: [Orgmode] latex-export + columnview: misinterpretation of section pr

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] latex-export + columnview: misinterpretation of section prefixes as emphasis
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:32:14 +0200

Hi Juan,
On May 31, 2010, at 5:38 AM, Juan Pechiar wrote:

Hi!

The test file below contains a columnview table showing section
headers.

Export to HTML works OK: the asterisks inside the table are
transformed into indentation.

Export to LaTeX: asterisk pairs are interpreted as emphasis, resulting
in an incorrect renering of asterisks and bold asterisks.

Following the code, I got lost at org-export-latex-fontify.

I will keep searching for what is happening, but any guidance will be
appreciated.

I have fixed at least part of the problem, so the stars will no longer be
interpreted as emphasis.

However, I am still getting strange results.  FOrmatting a latex file
with this:

\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{l}
 ITEM                     \\
\hline
* There comes the table  \\
* first                  \\
** second                \\
*** third                \\
*** other third          \\
**** fourth              \\
** other second          \\
\end{tabular}
\end{center}

somehow swallows some of the stars, but seemingly random.
For example, the star before "There" remains, but the star
before "first" disappears.

This must be some strange LaTeX thing - does anyone
understand what is going on here?

- Carsten

Thanks!

.j.

Test file:
#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM

* There comes the table

#+BEGIN: columnview :vlines 1 :id global
|   | ITEM                    |
|---+-------------------------|
|   | * There comes the table |
|   | * first                 |