Re: [Orgmode] Export literally but convert math equations?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export literally but convert math equations?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 17:36:00 +0200

On May 28, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Uriel Avalos wrote:

Is there a way to convert latex equations and math inside of EXAMPLE and HTML blocks?

Well, the whole idea of example blocks is to *not* do this. What is the application for this?

- Carsten

For example, I would like to the following equation to display as an equation in the HTML:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  Hello world
  $2^2+\sqrt(2) = 2$
#+END_EXAMPLE

The current behavior just gives me the literal example. I would use other blocks (like BLOCKQUOTE); except that I need to preserve the extra whitespace.

Alternatively: is there a way to preserve whitespace in the HTML export?--
--Thanks!
Uriel