[Orgmode] Export literally but convert math equations?

From: Uriel Avalos
Subject: [Orgmode] Export literally but convert math equations?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:32:52 -0400

Is there a way to convert latex equations and math inside of EXAMPLE and HTML
blocks?

For example, I would like to the following equation to display as an equation
in the HTML:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
   Hello world
   $2^2+\sqrt(2) = 2$
#+END_EXAMPLE

The current behavior just gives me the literal example. I would use other
blocks (like BLOCKQUOTE); except that I need to preserve the extra whitespace.

Alternatively: is there a way to preserve whitespace in the HTML export?--
--Thanks!
Uriel