[Orgmode] Export question

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Export question
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:09:31 -0500

I have the org-generic-export working better, but I'm having one
remaining problem:

I have been using org-export-preprocess-string to make it possible to
handle emphasis (previously o-g-e couldn't handle emphasis because it
did the translation line-by-line).

org-export-preprocess-string has fixed the problem of emphasis that
crosses line boundaries, so that I can handle fontification.

But now I have a problem of o-e-p-s smashing together more than one list
item into a single line, if those list items are on adjacent lines, like

+ foo
+ bar

question:  is this just something we should never do?  Should list items
always have line skips in the middle?  Or am I misusing o-e-p-s?

thanks!

Hope to have a pretty substantial org-generic-export patch available
Real Soon Now.