Re: [Orgmode] One org file, multiple exports, is it possible?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] One org file, multiple exports, is it possible?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 08:49:27 -1000

Aloha all,

Karl's setup specified keyword arguments for :select-tags but not for :exclude-tags. When I tried this setup with only :select-tags it worked as expected for the select tag that occurs first in the Org- mode file, but the publishing project defined for the select tag that occurs second in the Org-mode file did not work as expected. In this case, trees with both select tags appear in the output file.

I solved my problem by also specifying exclude tags.

Here is the setup that worked for me.

-------- .emacs fragment ----------

  (add-to-list 'org-publish-project-alist
               '("work"
                 :base-directory "~/org/temp/"
                 :base-extension "org"
                 :publishing-directory "~/org/temp/publish-work/"
                 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-latex
                 :select-tags     ("@WORK")
                 :exclude-tags ("@HOME")
                 :title "Work Notes"
                 :include ("index.org")
                 :exclude "\\.org$"
                 ))

  (add-to-list 'org-publish-project-alist
               '("home"
                 :base-directory "~/org/temp/"
                 :base-extension "org"
                 :publishing-directory "~/org/temp/publish-home/"
                 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-latex
                 :select-tags     ("@HOME")
                 :exclude-tags ("@WORK")
                 :title "Home Phone"
                 :include ("index.org")
                 :exclude "\\.org$"
                 ))

-------- .emacs fragment ----------

-------- org-mode file ----------
* Work notes :@WORK:
This should end up in publish-work.

* Home notes :@HOME:
This should end up in publish-home.
-------- org-mode file ----------

I'm wondering, is it really possible to get the expected results specifying only select tags and not exclude tags?

All the best,
Tom