[Orgmode] Re: Switching states without taking a note, occasionally

From: Juri Krivov
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Switching states without taking a note, occasionally
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 07:30:28 +0200

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Juri,

Juri Krivov <address@hidden> writes:

> I have my TODO states set up in a way so that I am often
> asked for a state change note, because this is most of the time what
> I want.  Example would be
> #+TODO: TODO(t) | DONE(d@)
> However, sometimes I have a couple of tasks that I would like to
> quickly
> switch to DONE, without going through the noting process.  Is there
> a way to do this, to switch task with note-taking switched off
> temporarily?

You can set the :LOGGING: property for that item:

(info "(org) Tracking TODO state changes")

E.g.,

* TODO No note todo
 :PROPERTIES:
 :LOGGING:  nil
 :END:
Hello Matt,
thank you!
But what I meant was, turn off logging temporarily, not for specific entries.
I did more searching in customize, and now found
(setq org-treat-S-cursor-todo-selection-as-state-change nil)
as a solution.  Now I can use S-right and get no logging!
This is great.
Thank you again for your time and your answer.
Juri