Re: [Orgmode] emacs 23.1 crash on small org file (org-version 6.36)

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] emacs 23.1 crash on small org file (org-version 6.36)
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:36:39 +0530

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Fritz Kunze wrote:

> From:  <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Bug: loading a small org file crashes emacs - no backtrace [6.36]
> --text follows this line--
> I am a novice org-mode user.  I am trying to learn how to use some of the
> features of org-mode to implement a GTD system.
> Emacs crashes when I load a file (named todobug.org) containing the text
> between the dashed lines (and not including the dashed lines).  It took some
> time to get a small version of the file that reliably crashes (at least my)
> emacs. I could not get a backtrace, because emacs simply crashes.  I am on a
> windows vista machine.
> MY TASKS -*- mode: org; fill-column: 78; after-save-hook:
> (archive-done-tasks)   -*-
> #+STARTUP: indent
> #+STARTUP: content
> * Tasks
> #+CATEGORY: Tasks
> ** TODO Buy dead companies! Michael Rabson of wsgr says that valuable patents
> can arise through this process.  Especially since it takes so long for a
> patent to come through.  The company may be gone, but the patent might be
> valuable.
>   [2010-05-19 Wed]

I could not duplicate this both with given value for the
after-save-hook and Jan B�cker's suggested modification.

- Windows XP SP2
- GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
- Org-mode version 6.36trans (release_6.36.92.g6733) as of Fri May 21
09:26:04 2010 +0200

Regards
--
Manish