[Orgmode] Re: A request: Moving away from ChangeLog

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A request: Moving away from ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:01:55 -0400

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> On May 21, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> I make most of my git commits (including org-mode) in vim which is
>> kicked off from raw command-line git.  I normally make multiple changes
>> at once and then build separate commits by using git's editing hunk
>> features from 'git add -p'.  I don't think that functionality is
>> available in magit yet.
>
> magit's original purpose was the ability to do just this.  So, it's
> been able to stage individual hunks since day one.  You can also use -
> and + to narrow or expand the range of each hunk.

Yes but... I can't edit those hunks and take this part but not that
part.  At least there was one case where 2 changes were on the same line
and I wanted to stage only the first edit for commit 1 and then stage
the second edit for commit 2.  I couldn't find a way to do this in magit.

If changes are isolated to single lines it works fine.  Now I have to
figure out how to specify emacsclient for my editor during rebase in
magit -- right now it fails to open the editor due to a wrong path and
bails.

Bernt