[Orgmode] GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way to us

From: Sandro Giessl
Subject: [Orgmode] GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 00:18:51 +0200

Hi Nagarjuna,

I happily discovered that a student was assigned to this project [1] in
this year's GSoC:

  GNOWSYS emacs web services for The GNU Project

  Abstract:   Idea is to develop an emacs like editor with the org
  specific semantics for the purpose of note taking & authoring. Applying
  the rules of Org notations, it can also be extended to incorporate
  gnowsys-mode as it currently works in emacs. Export like features of
  Org-mode will be made possible in this editor by communicating through
  local emacs server. All the gnowsys-mode specific commands will pass on
  the request to the GNOWSYS server via local emacs daemon.

So this sounds like it's going to be generic enough to be useful for
orgmode as well.  I imagine smartphone+orgmode users will profit from
this, because the web browser would be a nice interface in addition to
using emacs' gui/terminal interface.

Enough of showing my appreciation, and good luck to Divya S (the
student who's in charge)!

Regards,
Sandro

1: