[Orgmode] Re: video of the org-mode git repository

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: video of the org-mode git repository
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:17:29 -0400

>>> (http://code.google.com/p/gource/) tool for visualization of git
>>> commit
>>> histories, and I applied it to Org-mode's git repository.
>>>
>>> See the results at http://vimeo.com/11889681
>>
>> Awesome!  Even though I look like a hyperactive kid with a laser gun :-)
>>

> Really amazing!

Yeah, that is strangely fun to watch.

Eric -- any tips on building gource and the command line used to produce
the video? Did you do it on OS X or linux? I got gource to build on
ubuntu after installing a bunch of graphics-related packages, and I
found a possible-looking command line at

http://michaeldehaan.net/2010/01/15/source-code-visualization-with-gource/

using that I get

gource -s 0.03 --auto-skip-seconds 0.1 --file-idle-time 500 --max-files 500
--multi-sampling -1280x720 --stop-at-end   --output-ppm-stream - | ffmpeg -y -b
3000K -r 24 -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -i - -vcodec mpeg4 gource.mp4
gource: SDL initialization failed - Couldn't find matching GLX visual

which makes me worry that it's just not going to happen on my netbook's
graphics card. But am speaking from position of almost complete
ignorance.

Dan