Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Invalid content in publishing cache: Printed represen

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Invalid content in publishing cache: Printed representation of hash table [6.36trans]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:39:00 +0200

On May 19, 2010, at 9:16 AM, David Maus wrote:

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See

    http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

While trying to publish a web page project Org publish throws an
error:

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#")
| eval-buffer(#<buffer *load*> nil "/home/dmaus/.org-timestamps/ ictsoc-base-dyn.cache" nil t) ; Reading at buffer position 28
`----

The problem is that the .cache file for the publishing project
contains the printed representation of a hash table:

,----[ ictsoc-base-dyn.cache ]
| (setq org-publish-cache
|   #<hash-table 'equal nil 3/100 0xab08dc0>)
`----

What is invalid according to the manual ("Hash notation cannot be read
at all, so the Lisp reader signals the error invalid-read-syntax
whenever it encounters ‘#<’.", 2.1: Printed Representation and Read
Syntax).

Actually - this seems to work for me just fine...
Don't know why, because I know that statement in the Emacs Lisp manual as well.

Ah, maybe there are different Emacs versions in play? 23.1.90.1 is the one I jut now tried. It does not work in Emacs 22.

I would like to still support Emacs 22, so I think we should change how the hash is written out, my using maphash to draw out the key/ value pairs when writing, and puthash to build the cache when reading.

- Carsten

- Carsten