Re: [Orgmode] org-toodledo : sycning org-mode and Toodledo

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-toodledo : sycning org-mode and Toodledo
Date: 20 May 2010 11:18:44 +0200

Hi Giovanni and all others

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> Just for information:
>
> Two days ago (May 16th, 2010 ) Sacha Chua published a blog post with
> her contribution to org-toodledo.el - Toodledo integration for Emacs
> Org mode
>
> http://sachachua.com/wp/2010/05/org-toodledo/
>
> The code is available also on GitHub at
> http://github.com/sachac/org-toodledo
>
> Perhaps it is worth to look at it.

Yes it definitely is. I'm playing with it at the moment. There are also
some Toodledo clients available for Android.

Here are some problems I encountered:

1. _Tags are ignored._

   Toodledo discriminates between Contexts and Tags. The preamble of
   org-toodledo.el states that both are mapped to what is called tags in
   orgmode (e.g. :@HOME:). But Toodledo-tags are ignored in the
   sync-process (both ways), while contexts are working fine.

2. _Start Dates are ignored._

   Toodledo's Start Dates should be mapped to SCHEDULED in orgmode
   according to the preamble. This is also not working for me. DEADLINE
   (Due Date) is working fine.

3. _Diacritics_

   German (and probably other) umlauts break the upload. A task like
   ** TODO Test für Uploads
   ends up like "Test f" in Toodledo. Downloading similar entries end up in
   the wrong encoding in orgmode.

4. _Time_

   Using the Due Time field (instead of Due Date) in Toodledo breaks the
   sync process: "Wrong type argument: stringp nil".

5. _Appointments?_

   Is there any way to use normal active timestamps? Toodledo has no
   calender nor a function for appointments. It would be nice to use
   Toodledo to at least capture appointments. I've tried to
   manually add a timestamp like <2010-05-27 11:00> to the headline or
   the textfield, but that doesn't work due to the encoding problem
   mentioned above: The < character will be changed during the sync
   process.

Greetings,

Sven