[Orgmode] Re: org-info.js

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-info.js
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:34:52 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If I'm viewing the manual with Sebastian's org-info javascript info
>> emulation, and I'm on node 13 of the manual, what key do I press to get
>> to 13.1?
>>
>> I wish I were better with info. My understanding is that I would use
>> space or ] in emacs.
>>

> In emacs info, <SPACE> advances down the imaginary scroll, so it may or
> may not get you to the next (sub)section, depending on the length of the
> current section and the size of your screen. ']' will go to the next
> node in a depth-first traversal, 'n' will get you to the next node in a
> level-traversal (always assuming that the relevant nodes exist).
> Numeric arguments will get you to the relevant subsection (i.e. if you
> are in sec. 13 and press 6, you'll end up in subsection 13.6 - assuming
> that it exists), whereas 'n' and 'p' will get you to the next/previous
> heading at the same level and 'u' will go up a level.
>
> Now I'm on much shakier ground (iow, I don't necessarily know what I'm
> talking about), but I think `n' does a depth-first traversal, so it will
> go from 13 to 13.1 - the question is how to go from 13 to 14 without
> visiting all the 13.x... in-between:

Actually, no, n goes from 13 to 14 (at least in google-chrome). But I'm
with you -- it seems to behave differently in

http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js

There n does the depth-first traversal you describe (and that is the
behaviour I'm looking for).

So
- how to get the full traversal in the org manual?
- why is there different behaviour between the manual and the worg page?

Dan